Saturday, October 16, 2010

Michael Jackson's History - A Lesson in LOVE & Truth




Michael Jackson at Gardner St. Elementary School dedication 1989




Michael Jackson made history in so many ways and on so many levels throughout his entire career and this week a group of determined fans with huge hearts of love for their beloved King, those who felt that this wrong must finally be made right, gave him some history in return. It was a VICTORY for Michael Jackson and it was also a wonderful example of what professional, intelligent, calm demeanor, fortitude and a spirit of love and respect along with much prayer can accomplish. Miracles!

Friday, October 15, 2010: Michael Jackson's name is uncovered. Thank you to Jennifer Marino, Blessy and the Uncover Michael Jackson's Name Campaign team and everyone who persevered to make this a reality for Michael Jackson. Also thank you to everyone who wrote letters and signed the petition. This is proof that what little we do CAN make a difference for Michael. Results!

The School Superintendent said: "In recognition of Michael Jackson’s musical legacy and contribution to modern culture." Also a school district spokesman said... the decision was made in large part because Jackson had been acquitted of criminal charges in the molestation case. Please read the details of the LAUSD announcement below. TRUTH prevails!
I had been privileged to be a part of a group of fans which had just been at the school the previous week to walk the neighborhood streets, talk to residents and store owners and gather signatures for the Uncover Michael Jackson's Name Campaign. These signatures and the letters from all over the world were being placed into a binder for an upcoming meeting with the school board. When God moves he moves swiftly and as God would have it Michael’s name was uncovered before that meeting took place. God’s faithful servant, Michael Jackson, is now once again and so rightfully honored at the Gardner St. Elementary School in Hollywood.



Saturday, October 16, 2010: I just had to see this sweet sight with my own eyes. So I went to the school today and simply could not contain my joy, could not stop smiling. Traveling to Hollywood I listened to MJ sing his heart out asking us to “Make That Change!” My heart was so full as I traveled to see That Change. It is over cast but for me those silver letters are bright as the sun. What a beautiful sight!!





While taking my pictures an open air Star Tour bus stopped and the driver told the tourists, "Here you see the "Michael Jackson Auditorium". This was dedicated to Michael Jackson and there was a big event that day and Michael was present. His name was covered years ago and now thanks to fans who campaigned to have his name uncovered Michael Jackson's name was uncovered this week." Then the driver asked me if I was a fan and I said, "YES! JUSTICE FOR MJ! VICTORY!" and gave them the peace sign or victory sign in this case, that Michael gave so many times in his life. The tour guide gave me the peace/victory sign in return. I smiled big, I simply could not stop smiling. Thoughts of the day the auditorium was first dedicated to Michael and how happy he was fill my mind. I picture him smiling back from heaven at this glorious sight. Can you feel him smiling? Can you feel it?
Moments later a van filled with 20 something guys drove by and I heard them excitedly calling out to one another "Look it's there!!! MICHAEL JACKSON'S AUDITORIUM!!" "Wow!" "COOL!" "They did it!" Neighbors walking by smiled and nodded at me as I took my pictures. I am not sure if they realize why I am smiling but I choose to believe they know it is about Michael's name gleaming on the building I stand in front of.
I continued taking pictures from different angles when I realized how fitting it truly was to see MJ’s name so silvery and shiny overlooking a school yard where children play. His name looks down on what looks to be hop-scotch grids and there is a loose soccer ball which escaped being put away at day’s end. I hear the children laughing and playing in my mind and again I picture Michael’s beautiful smile, the twinkle in his eyes as they light up at that sound. I even hear him giggle. So fitting too there are golden, yellow roses in full bloom just to the right of the auditorium doors. Later I learn why this feels so special to me. Michael himself had a rose garden planted at Gardner St. Elementary School. Now these roses bloom just below his name as a remembrance of Michael's special gift to the school. The paint around MJ’s name needs refreshing as the building looks to have been painted a few times since the boxes were installed. The bright part to that is the boxes preserved the integrity of the silver letters all these years. Oh how I wish Michael could have been here to see this day, to see this hurtful wrong made right.

I thank God for answered prayers. This may be a small step toward the justice that Michael Jackson so deserves but this small event is so huge to us fighting and praying for Justice for MJ. We are encouraged and I pray it especially encourages and blesses Michael's family. It was Mrs. Jackson’s involvement along with Taj Jackson who finally opened the hearts of those who signaled the removal of the covers over MJ’s name. God bless you Mrs. Jackson and Taj Jackson. Myself along with many, many others pray for your family and for Justice for Michael everyday. This is only the beginning of so many wrongs that need to be made right for the legacy of Michael Jackson. We continue to strive for TRUTH.
Mrs. Katherine Jackson released this statement, October 15, 2010:
"After a number of heartfelt conversations between me, my grandson Taj, family friend Jodi Gomes, and LAUSD, I am overwhelmed that the school will proudly bear my son's name on its auditorium once again. This could not have been done without the tireless dedication of my son's fans and specifically the wonderful members of the "Uncover Michael Jackson's Name Campaign"


"Determined spirits fired by unquenchable faith in their mission can alter history." ~ Ghandi
VICTORY for MJ! ♥♥♥ We Are His Voice Now!!
MJ quote about his female fans ~ "Yeah, they are loyal, women. They have been loyal. They are activists. They will fight you about me."



Los Angeles Unified School District Press Release:
MICHAEL JACKSON’S NAME ON DISPLAY AGAIN AT GARDNER SCHOOL AUDITORIUM

Elementary School’s Most Famous Alum Recognized for His Musical Legacy

October 15, 2010
Los Angeles — The silver, foot-high letters gleam once again, proclaiming The Michael Jackson Auditorium at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood. It is the last public school attended by Jackson—then an 11-year-old sixth grader — who was the lead in a singing group with his brothers. Three months after school started, Motown released their debut album “Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5.” And, the young entertainer was on his way to becoming an international star.
“It’s important for the District to value the artistic impact and humanitarian contribution that will be the lasting legacy of Michael Jackson,” said Los Angeles School Board member Steven Zimmer. I’m happy that we will be recognizing and appreciating Michael’s LAUSD moment.”
The sign was originally unveiled at the then newly-refurbished auditorium in 1989. However, when the King of Pop was charged with child molestation, the sign was covered with layered board. For the record, the entertainer was never convicted. After his death last year fans began a campaign to have his name revealed.

At the direction of Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent Ramon C. Cortines, the tribute was uncovered today.

“In recognition of Michael Jackson’s musical legacy and contribution to modern culture I have directed our maintenance and operations department to remove the layered board covering the tribute to Mr. Jackson at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood,” said LAUSD Superintendent Ramon Cortines. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, it's wonderful that his name was eye covers. The back to school bear his name. Michael is very happy about it. He has most certainly have looked at. I am glad Sun .
    Love for all. We love you infinitely Michael.
    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog, Betty! Thank you so much! We are so delighted that you had the chance to meet with Jennifer and participate on our Door to Door Campaign. Thank you! I really love that comment from the bus driver. Finally, they can not say anything bad anymore like before. And the tourists will be very much inspired to see the auditorium and his name back there. Would love to post the pictures on our page, if you would allow us. Thanks again!

    Much love and blessings from God above.
    - Blessy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I was so delighted to read about the tour guide! I was leaping with joy because people will come from all over the world, go on a tour....and see the MICHAEL JACKSON AUDITORIUM Thank you so much for this... you have pumped my spirit way up high. Thanks again. What a joy!

    May God bless you dearly....
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much better for all your support... and ESPECIALLY... thank you for writing this. I wish I could be there now.
    Thank you for helping me feel the emotion around this event. I'm still in SHOCK that my team was ABLE TO DO THIS! It hasn't really sunk in yet.
    I'm so happy about that little Victory(peace) sign interaction and the bus full of people who came to see and who were so excited!
    Was I really apart of making this happen? I can't believe it!
    Your words on Michael's name looking over the school yard really touched me.
    The roses... wow.. Michael orignally made a rose garden at the school!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for having written this.
    MUCH LOVE TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nathalie Buzaglo (team member)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since yesterday I have cried every time I read a post about the uncovering.
    It's hard being in the UK and so far away from it all but I feel so proud to have been a part of this amazing campaign.
    L.O.V.E conquers all ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a blessing to read your wonderful comments and know I was able to bless each of you. It is like you were all there with me.
    @ Nathalie, I did not know Michael originally made a rose garden at the school. Wow!!! I just felt so strongly the golden yellow roses were just so representative of him, and they were in full bloom. God's perfect timing. It was an amazing day I will never forget. God is so good!! God is opening doors to bless his faithful servant, Michael Jackson.
    @ Blessy, yes please use the pictures! I took them for every MJ fan around the world to see the VICTORY achieved when we raise our voice as one for Michael. I felt so very privileged & proud to be there last week and walk the streets, talk to the store owners and neighbors while collecting signatures. Sharing the truth and debunking media lies. I feel so honored to have taken part in a very small way for MJ.
    @Catherine, I am so happy you loved the article. I too am still so filled with joy. This is truly an amazingly huge accomplishment for the fans for Justice for MJ. We can make a difference for truth and change for him in this world.
    God bless all of you!! ALL MJ fans everywhere! It is truly All For LOVE...L.O.V.E.!!

    ReplyDelete